Leatherhead Food Research's Guide to Food Regulations in Malaysia is intended to help companies selling products in the Malaysian market as well as exporters, importers, distributors and other food companies with an interest in selling foods in Malaysia, to develop a basic understanding of the main statutory instruments applicable and controls applied by the national authorities.
The Guide covers:
- The structure of food legislation
- Authorities responsible for legislation-making, controls and enforcement
- Labelling provisions in place
- Information on additive usage and maximum levels in foodstuffs
- Details on compositional requirements for non-alcoholic beverages, sugar confectionery, chocolate confectionery and flour confectionery in certain food categories
This guide was first published in May 2013. It was last reviewed June 2014 and no amendments were required as the legislation is still current.
Leatherhead's Guide to Food Regulations
The Guide to Food Regulations in Malaysiais an easy-to-use publication which provides valuable information, in English, derived from Malaysian standards/official guidelines.
This Guide is one in a series of publications covering the Far East and Southern Asia, including the Guide to Food Regulations in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and China.
Follow the link for a complete list of Leatherhead's Guides to Food Regulations.
Note: The electronic copy of this Guide will be issued in the form of a secure PDF file which is accessible from one PC only.