"The emergence of plant-derived stevia as a new intense sweetener in North America and the EU has been of key interest in the market as consumers seek out more ‘natural’ ingredient alternatives. Despite the interest in stevia, its share of the market remains small to date. Although sales of various stevia-based sweeteners have not yet lived up to some of the more optimistic forecasts initially made, new varieties are coming to market, which suggests that future growth in demand remains possible." - Laura Jones, Mintel Global Food Science Analyst.
Intense Sweeteners – Market, Technical & Regulatory Insights is the third in the series of additive market reports produced in partnership between Leatherhead Food Research and Mintel. The aim of this report is to examine demand for and usage of intense sweeteners by the global food and drinks industry.
The main objectives of the report are to provide:
- An introduction to intense sweeteners and their purpose
- An overview of the global market for intense sweeteners
- Summary profiles for the world’s leading suppliers of intense sweeteners
- Analysis of current and emerging technologies used in the production of
- An overview of the regulatory framework for the use of intense sweeteners across
key global geographies
- Analysis of the use of intense sweeteners in consumer packaged goods
- Summary conclusions and market insights
The first report in the Food Additives series is Food Colours: Market, Technical and Regulatory Insights and the second is Food Flavours & Flavour Enhancers - Market, Technical & Regulatory Insights.
Please Note: Payment for the Intense Sweeteners report must be made by credit card (contact firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)1372 822376), via the website and PayPal, or by pro-forma invoice.