Foundation certificate in sensory principles (IFST)
Date: 02 May, 2018
Location: Great Burgh, Epsom, UK
Member price: £520 + VAT
Non-Member price: £680 + VAT
Learn about the underlying principles of sensory analysis, the human senses, panel screening & training, and best-practice product sampling procedures. Leatherhead’s ‘Foundation certificate in sensory principles’ training course is ideal for those looking to gain an initial insight into the sensory science world as well as for those already in the field who are looking for a refresher course.
Accredited by the Institute of Food Science & Technology (IFST), this course features a short multiple choice exam to put into practice the skills you will learn throughout the day.
Topics covered include:
- An understanding of the human senses
- Analytical methods
- Hedonic methods
- Sensory procedures & best practices
- Screening & recruitment
- Test environment
From this event you will:
- Gain an insight into the principles of sensory science
- Learn how to develop and maintain a sensory panel at your own facility
- Learn how to conduct screening tests to determine candidates' ability to discriminate levels of intensity of a given attribute
- Gain a better understanding of the different analytical and hedonic tests available and best practice
- Conduct hedonic tests and benchmark products against similar ones on the market
- Perform analytical discrimination tests after changes to the production process or ingredients used, to ensure that products do not taste different
Who should attend?
- Personnel in product development, QA and QC wanting to become more involved with sensory
- Technicians currently working in the field who would like a refresher course
- Anyone wishing to have a starting point in pursuing a career in sensory science
Great Burgh is located on the outskirts of Epsom, Surrey, easily accessible via road or train.
Hotels: follow the link for further information on a variety of local hotels to suit all budgets.
Recent delegate testimonials from last year’s Sensory Day:
“I found the senses and tests for consumers very beneficial”
“Most beneficial was having a combination of teaching and testing products”
Book your place here
Fill in the form below and someone will be in contact shortly to confirm and process your booking.