Legal labels – comprehensive training on UK food labelling
Course Code: 024Z1
Date: 22 - 23 February, 2017
Location: Great Burgh, Epsom, UK
Member price: £895 + VAT
Non Member price: £1165 + VAT
Recent changes to food labelling legislation and evolving guidance make it challenging to understand the legal requirements, keep up to date and find reliable advice.
Designed to tackle the challenges presented by the EU Food Information to Consumers Regulation (FIC), Legal labels – comprehensive training on UK food labelling is an ideal opportunity for those tasked with label compliance to gain an understanding of the rules and their application in the UK in order to better understand how they apply to products.
This two-day course provides a complete overview of food labelling requirements in the EU and their application in the UK. Day 1 will focus on learning the fundamental mandatory requirements and Day 2 will cover more complicated aspects of labelling, such as nutrition and health claims. Through an interactive approach and practical workshops, you will gain the ability to generate legally compliant labels and identify potential labelling errors early on in product development.
The course is ideal for Specifications and NPD Technologists. It meets the needs of staff with responsibility for label generation and sign off as well as those new to regulatory compliance roles.
Interested in this course?
Fill out our form below to book your place or contact our training team for further details.
Topics covered include:
- Product names
- Ingredients list
- Allergen labelling
- Quantitative Ingredient Declarations (QUID)
- Product specific indications
- Nutrition labelling
- Nutrition and health claims
- Marketing claims
- Future legislation changes
- Enforcement of labelling errors
- Sourcing information on the internet
- Label check workshop
From this course you will:
- Receive an in-depth briefing on labelling legislation, including interpretation of the requirements set by the EU Food Information to Consumers Regulation
- Gain a thorough understanding of food labelling rules and industry issues including nutrition and health claims and allergens
- Receive guidance on applying your knowledge in practice during workshops
- Appreciate additional considerations such as product composition, additive use and labelling claims
- Consolidate your learning in interactive sessions
Who should attend?
- New starters/returnees in regulatory compliance roles
- Anybody in the food industry with responsibility for label sign off
- Enforcement officers with food standards responsibilities
- Regulatory, NPD and technical managers who wish to ensure their knowledge is up-to-date
- Food industry nutritionists with an interest in food law
Great Burgh is located on the outskirts of Epsom, Surrey, easily accessible via road or train.
Hotels: Follow the link for further information on variety of local hotels to suit all budgets.
Recent delegate testimonials:
“Clarified several confusing points of the FIC Regs”
“The workshops were very good, it was very relevant to the work I do”
“It covered a lot of ground, practical experiences were very beneficial”
“Claims were a gap in my knowledge and having the opportunity to ask questions on interpretation/product specific queries was beneficial”