Legal labels - FIC essentials
Date: 14 September 2016
Location: Great Burgh, Epsom, UK
Member price: £495
Non Member price: £645
This one-day course provides you with an overview of the essentials of UK food labelling law, covering topics such as correct ingredients listing, the legal name of a food, allergens, QUID and nutrition labelling, as well as the labelling requirements of the Food Information to Consumers regulation (FIC), which introduced several significant changes to the way food labels are presented.
Through an interactive approach, you will gain the ability to identify potential labelling errors early, saving both time and money.
Topics covered include:
- Name of the food
- The ingredients list
- Quantitative Ingredient Declarations (QUID)
- Mandatory miscellaneous labelling - part 1
- Mandatory miscellaneous labelling - part 2
- Nutrition labelling
- Product specific composition and labelling
From this course you will:
- Gain a key understanding of current food regulations and industry issues including ingredients listing, QUID, allergens and product-specific requirements, helping you to identify labelling errors early, saving both time and money
- Receive guidance on applying your knowledge in practice during a food labelling workshop
- Learn about the new EU labelling rules as detailed in the Food Information to Consumers Regulation
Who should attend?
- Specification and NPD technologists
- Those new to regulatory compliance roles
- Staff with responsibility for label generation and sign off
Great Burgh is located on the outskirts of Epsom, Surrey, easily accessible via road or train.
Hotels: Follow the link for further information on variety of local hotels to suit all budgets.
Book your place here
Please complete the form below to confirm your registration.