Legal labels in-depth - helping you to meet the UK labelling requirements
Date: 14 - 15 September, 2016
Location: Great Burgh, Epsom, UK
Member price: £895 +VAT
Non Member price: £1165 +VAT
Designed to tackle the challenges presented by the Food Information to Consumers Regulation (FIC), 'Legal labels in-depth' is an ideal opportunity for those tasked with label compliance to gain an understanding of the rules, and their application in the UK.
This two-day modular course provides a complete overview of food labelling requirements in the UK. You may attend each day individually if you solely want to focus on learning the fundamental mandatory requirements covered on day 1, or have an interest in more complicated aspects of labelling, such as nutrition and health claims, which are discussed on day 2. Through an interactive approach and practical workshops, you will gain the ability to generate legal labels and identify potential labelling errors early in product development.
Topics covered include:
- Name of the food
- The ingredients list
- Quantitative Ingredient Declarations (QUID)
- Mandatory miscellaneous labelling - part 1
- Mandatory miscellaneous labelling - part 2
- Nutrition labelling
- Nutrition claims and fortification
- Health claims
- Marketing claims
- Future legislation proposals and changes
- Sourcing information on the internet
- Label check workshop and refreshments
- Labelling errors - an enforcement perspective
From this course you will:
- Receive an in-depth briefing on labelling legislation, including the changes introduced by the EU Food Information to Consumers Regulation
- Gain a thorough understanding of food labelling rules and industry issues including nutrition and health claims and allergens
- Receive guidance on applying your knowledge in practice during workshops
- Appreciate additional considerations such as product composition, additive use and labelling claims
- Consolidate your learning in interactive sessions
Who should attend?
- New starters/returnees in regulatory compliance roles
- Anybody in the food industry with responsibility for label sign off
- Enforcement officers with food standards responsibilities
- Regulatory, NPD and technical managers who wish to ensure their knowledge is up-to-date
- Food industry nutritionists with an interest in food law
Great Burgh is located on the outskirts of Epsom, Surrey, easily accessible via road or train.
Hotels: Follow the link for further information on variety of local hotels to suit all budgets.