Member Day: Made to order – personalising food & drink for health and preference
Course Code: MDZ5
Date: 18 October, 2017
Time: 09:00 to 15:30
Location: Great Burgh, Epsom, UK
Free event for Platinum, Gold, Silver & Bronze members of Leatherhead
Platinum – Up to 5 places per membership
Gold – Up to 3 places per membership
Silver – Up to 2 places per membership
Bronze – 1 place per membership
Personalisation is generating a great deal of discussion in the food & drink industry. As technology opens up a world of possibilities to the consumer, allowing them to have what they want, when they want it, the food & drink industry is considering how it can respond. At one end of the spectrum, it could be a matter of customising or tailoring an existing product; at the other end, it could be related to individuals having a better understanding of their DNA and the bacteria in their stomach and choosing products which match their medical and health needs.
Building on Leatherhead’s previous industry and consumer research, Member Day 2017 takes a deeper look at personalisation and mass customisation. We explore what consumers want when it comes to personalisation, find out what the personal care and medical sectors can teach the food & drink industry about the trend and examine the regulatory challenges to personalisation/mass customisation.
Topics covered include:
- Fad or trend – what do consumers want when it comes to personalisation?
- Standing on the shoulders of giants – what can other industries teach us?
- The rise of premium and super-premium
- Interactive sessions covering:
- Personalised nutrition
- Regulatory challenges to personalisation/mass customisation
- Leatherhead's research on international consumer eating & drinking trends
- Experience a virtual reality environment
From this event you will:
- Hear the findings from Leatherhead’s exclusive research with consumers about what personalisation means to them
- Learn what the personal care and medical sectors can teach the food & drink industry about personalisation
- Participate in separate interactive sessions examining personalised nutrition, the regulatory challenges to personalisation/mass customisation and Leatherhead's international consumer research – ‘Serving up solutions for a changing consumer’. We'll be also giving delegates the chance to experience a virtual reality environment
- View Leatherhead’s facilities and learn about our services
Who should attend?
- Senior R&D managers
- Innovation managers
- Technical managers
- NPD managers
- Regulatory managers
- Marketing managers
Great Burgh is located on the outskirts of Epsom, Surrey, easily accessible via road or train.
Hotels: follow the link for further information on a variety of local hotels to suit all budgets.
Book your place here
Fill in the form below and someone will be in contact shortly to confirm and process your booking.