US Regulatory Day – Horizon scanning and regulatory updates
Date: 26 - 27 September, 2018
Location: Central Washington DC
Exclusive event only for Platinum, Gold, Silver & Bronze members of Leatherhead
Platinum – Up to 5 places per membership
Gold – Up to 3 places per membership
Silver – Up to 2 places per membership
Bronze – 1 place per membership
So much of food & drink legislation is about ensuring that products comply with regulations in the here and now. However, it's important that companies explore what the future might look like to better understand uncertainties.
Horizon scanning is one of the tools that can help food & drink manufacturers analyze whether they are adequately prepared for potential opportunities and threats, helping ensure that strategies are resilient to different future environments.
At US Regulatory Day 2018, we take a look at horizon scanning in a regulatory context as well as give updates on current government and authority discussions in the US, EU, Japan, Codex and Brazil and how we think these will impact the regulatory landscape and other countries in the future.
The event also provides a great opportunity for members to stay up-to-date with recent and forthcoming changes in EU, UK and international food legislation, whilst networking across industry sectors.
We’ll also be hosting a networking evening dinner on September 26 in Central Washington; places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
US Regulatory Day is exclusive to full members of Leatherhead Food Research.
Topics covered include:
- What is horizon scanning in a regulatory context and why is it useful?
- What are the regulatory trends in the EU, US, Japan, Brazil and Codex?
- How might these trends impact future legislation?
- EU and International regulatory updates from the past few months
From this event you will:
- Gain an invaluable inside view and understanding of regulatory developments
- Receive insight into current hot topics and evolving legislation and guidance
- Have the opportunity to network with other leading industry thinkers
Who should attend?
- Senior Regulatory Specialists, Regulatory Managers, Directors and VPs with EU or Global regulatory responsibility
- Technical Managers, Innovation Teams, Quality Control Managers and others with food legislation or labelling responsibility
- Food businesses who are members of Leatherhead who want to find out more about our services and/or our sister company TSG
Kimpton Topaz Hotel, located in central Washington DC and easily accessible by road, train and Metro.