USA and Canadian food labelling and composition, with introduction to Mexico
Date: 26 - 27 October, 2016
Location: Great Burgh, Epsom, UK
Member price: £1,195 +VAT
Non Member price: £1,555 +VAT
This two-day modular course provides an overview of current USA and Canadian food labelling requirements, as well as detailed information on how food product formulations are regulated in these two countries.
New for 2016 we have added presentations addressing Mexico, to broaden delegates understanding of local legislation, the similarities and differences and the development of food legislation in the area.
Topics covered include:
- US regulatory bodies
- Additives, GRAS substances, flavourings
- Mexican additive legislation
- Labelling Considerations for Mexico
- General food labelling requirements
- Food product formulation compliance
- Nutrition labelling, health and structure/function claims
- Sources of information on US food law
- Canadian legislation on food product formulation and labelling
- Canadian regulatory bodies
- Food additives, flavourings and processing aids
- Additional labelling considerations (including claims)
- Information in the Internet Age
From this course you will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of current food legislation in the USA and/or Canada related to food product formulation and labelling
- Receive guidance on applying your knowledge in practice during workshops
- Appreciate additional considerations such as differences in legislation between the USA/Canada and the European Union regarding controls on product composition, additive use and labelling claims
- Consolidate your learning in workshop sessions
Who should attend?
- New starters/returnees in regulatory compliance roles
- Anybody in the food industry with responsibility for label sign off
- Regulatory, NPD and technical managers who wish to ensure their knowledge is up-to-date
- Food industry nutritionists with an interest in food law
Great Burgh is located on the outskirts of Epsom, Surrey, easily accessible via road or train.
Hotels: follow the link for further information on a variety of local hotels to suit all budgets.