USA food labelling and composition
Course Code: 372Z1
Date: 11 October, 2017
Location: Great Burgh, Epsom, UK
Member price: £595 + VAT
Non Member price: £775 + VAT
From this specialised USA food labelling & composition course attendees will receive a complete overview of current and upcoming legislation within this region as well as up to date and detailed information on how food product formulations are regulated by the relevant bodies. Whilst this course is ideal for NPD technologists looking for a refresh – it also suits staff with new regulatory responsibilities who require a more general overview. Through an interactive approach and practical workshops, delegates will gain the ability to assess the acceptability of a product formulation and generate legal labels as well as identify potential labelling errors early on in product development for products aimed at the US market.
Topics covered include:
- USA regulatory bodies
- Additives, GRAS substances, flavourings
- General food labelling requirements
- Additional labelling considerations with claims
- Nutrition labelling
- Information in the internet age
From this course you will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of current food legislation in the USA related to food product formulation and labelling
- Receive guidance on applying your knowledge in practice during workshops
- Appreciate additional considerations such as differences in legislation between the USA and the European Union regarding controls on product composition, additive use and labelling claims
- Consolidate your learning in workshop sessions
Who should attend?
- New starters/returnees in regulatory compliance roles
- Anybody in the food industry with responsibility for label sign off
- Regulatory, NPD and technical managers who wish to ensure their knowledge is up-to-date
- Food industry nutritionists with an interest in food law
Great Burgh is located on the outskirts of Epsom, Surrey, easily accessible via road or train.
Hotels: follow the link for further information on a variety of local hotels to suit all budgets.
Recent delegate testimonials:
“All very beneficial, the inclusion of current proposals and changes were very helpful”
“Great over-view of topics covered. Speakers very willing to answer questions from the floor”