Ref. Num: MAR2202 Location: Epsom, UK
Who we are
Leatherhead Food Research provides scientific and regulatory affairs advice to the food and beverage industry through a membership-based consultancy. We solve our Member's problems with our specialist team of food scientists, toxicologists and multi-lingual regulatory affairs professionals.
We are seeking a Marketing Executive to join the Regulatory Compliance marketing team. The role will report to the Marketing Manager of our Leatherhead Food Research and TSG Consulting businesses. With responsibility primarily for Leatherhead Food Research, the role will suit an individual who is proactive, enjoys being a key team member and who has a passion for writing, as well as all things food and beverage. The role is based in Epsom (where the Group has a major office and R&D centre), and the successful candidate will be happy to travel to the Group’s other UK locations from time to time.
Marketing and campaign management
- Input into and delivery of Leatherhead’s annual marketing plan and daily marketing activities
- Create and manage integrated campaigns that span social media, email, digital advertising and other channels
- Analyse, tabulate, summarise and report on the results of digital campaigns
Content and collateral creation
- Write and/or edit engaging content with strong calls to action. Content includes white papers, reports, news stories, web pages, LinkedIn posts, banner advertisements and e-mails
- Manage the design of content, both in-house and working with agencies
- Working with the Membership and Regulatory teams, coordinate the delivery of Leatherhead’s member-related webinars, training courses and other events. Drive bookings to the events using a variety of promotional channels
- Understand and evaluate F&B industry conferences and events for the business and manage the logistics for any events we attend/exhibit at. Manage event communication such as pre/post event emails, show guide content, social media posts
- Create event collateral including stand design and event-specific flyers/promotional material
- Ensure websites are regularly updated with relevant content
- Working with UK-based technology team, ensure the Leatherhead website performs well from a SEO and lead generation perspective
- Contribute to creation and management of Leatherhead Marketing budget
- Work with the Marketing Manager and MD/Commercial Director to ensure best use of available budget
You’ll be a passionate and aspiring marketer with strong practice foundations built through a combination of working experience and study. With a keen eye for detail, you’ll be able to craft content and master messaging with excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- 2-3 years’ previous marketing experience and study
- Ability to write from scratch and to edit existing documentation
- Outstanding attention to detail and strong proof-reading skills
- Curiosity about the market sector and subject matter and a willingness to learn
- Be a self-starter with exceptional organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Good verbal communicator and ability to interact with senior stakeholders
- Technical skills in Salesforce, Pardot, WordPress, MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel and Word) and InDesign are all beneficial
How to apply
Please attach a CV and cover letter. We recommend you take some time over the covering letter, at least as much as your CV. The covering letter is the first thing we look at, and we really pay a lot of attention to it.
So here are some tips
- Try and let your personality show through. Your CV is for education and experience; please use the covering letter to convey your craft and capabilities as a marketer.
- Attention to detail is hugely important in our work, so do bear that in mind. This is a presentation about, and of, yourself; so make sure that you've nailed the spelling, the grammar and the formatting.