Who we are
Leatherhead Food Research provides expertise and support to the global food and beverage sector. We provide practical solutions that cover all stages of a product’s life cycle from consumer insight, ingredient innovation and sensory testing to food safety consultancy and global regulatory advice. We are in the midst of an exciting time for the business as we seek to grow within the UK and internationally following substantial investment in new laboratories, fully equipped kitchens and research centre. Leatherhead’s cooking instructions service is led by expert, dedicated team to help bring products to the market by ensuring cooking instructions are accurate & safe, meet relevant guidelines and regulations and are comprehensible to consumers.
Leatherhead Research Ltd is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to join our busy Cooking Instructions team. The successful applicant will work under the direction of the Cooking Instructions Manager or Supervisor. The work will include cooking time and temperature verification of existing instructions and generation trials for instructions on new products to the market. You will be able to follow cooking guidelines accurately and provide product quality and sensory assessments post cooking. You will also help deliver high quality reporting on product issues such as sample types, weight and storage temperatures.
The role will be based at our Great Burgh office, some travel may be required as appropriate. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a new challenge and to progress their career.
1. Delivery of multiple cooking instructions projects/work
2. Client and team interaction
3. Adherence to Group policies
Delivery of multiple cooking instructions projects/work
• Conduct routine testing for cooking instructions, both verifying and generating new instructions, recording the results on the appropriate worksheets
• Deliver high quality and reliable results within the agreed timeframes/deadlines
• Assist the Cooking Instructions Manager and the team in ensuring the cooking instructions work is organised efficiently, maximising the use of available resources.
• Develop a good understanding of the business and up-to-date knowledge of all relevant trends and developments relating to cooking instructions.
Client and team interaction
• Assist in providing excellent customer service to both internal and external clients and contacts
• Build effective working relationships with colleagues
• Showcase cooking instructions professional standards to visiting onsite clients and external contacts
• Have a flexible approach to your duties effectively moving between tasks and quickly adjusting to each role
Adherence to Group policies
• Maintain client confidentiality
• Take responsibility for your own health, safety and welfare, and that of anyone affected by your acts or omissions at work.
• Follow company and/or statutory rules and procedures provided for your safety and security.
• Adhere to project management practices to ensure projects are delivered to time, budget and the quality expected
Experience and Qualifications Required
• Experience in a practical role within the Food or Catering industry
• Food preparation skills with an ‘A’ level or equivalent in a science related subject
• A team player, showing a motivating and positive attitude with a passion for cooking
• Display excellent written and verbal communication skills at all times.
• Ability to analyse and evaluate final results/quality with high attention to detail
• Excellent organisational skills
• PC literate
We are committed to supporting employees and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.