Who we are
Science Group is an AIM listed Group that provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. We operate at the cutting edge of science and innovation developments supporting our clients in the medical, food & beverage, industrial and consumer markets. Our growth strategy has been affected from cash generated by our profitable businesses and has resulted in Group revenue doubling in 3 years.
We have a global reach, with a multinational and multicultural workforce with offices across the UK, Europe, North America and Asia. Our scientists, engineers, regulatory advisors and market experts are supported by the Group’s streamlined central support functions. We realise the Group’s success is largely driven by our world class employees; this means that in growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on employees that will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
Science Group is seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our Facilities team at our Epsom site. Reporting to the Facilities Manager the successful candidate will provide an important support role within the team. This full time role is suited to a candidate who has previous facilities experience, enjoys working in a fast paced environment, is proactive, able to prioritise their own work load and is resilient in character. The successful candidate will need to hold a UK driver’s license. Please note: manual handling is required as part of this role, training in best practise will be provided.
Include (but are not limited to):
Assist with maintenance and general upkeep of the building:
• Deal with and responding queries sent to #FMhelpdesk
• Assist with refurbishments, fit outs and improvements
• Painting of areas of the building as required
• Basic plumbing such as repair of leaks, faulty taps, toilets, blocked drains etc.
• Basic carpentry including replacing and adjusting doors and door closures
• Basic electrical work such as changing plugs, fuses, light tubes and fittings
• Using BMS system to check for faults and to rectify as necessary
• Liaising with contractors, gardeners etc.
• Maintaining general appearance of the building and outer areas
• In winter months, ensuring the building is accessible e.g. gritting of outside areas, clearing of snow
Assist in the preparation of conferences and events, including:
• Set up conference rooms in line with requirements
• Ensure refreshments, seating, and furniture requirements are met
• Working with reception and central teams to respond promptly to changing needs, adapting set ups as required
In the absence of Facilities Manager, assist in liaising with contractors and queries relating to contract management
• Health and Safety requirements as needed, including risk assessments, permits to work for contractors, ensure first aid supplies are up to date and assist with emergency procedures (Fire/Bomb, DR etc.)
Covering in the absence of, and providing assistance to the Store Person, to include but not limited to:
• Accept and manage delivery of foods and non-foods from clients ready for consumer testing or cooking instructions testing: Temperature test food items on the delivery vehicle and accept or reject the delivery according to strict protocols, place accepted items into storage – Fridges, freezers, ambient etc., advise consumer/cooking instructions team that delivery has been received, book delivered samples in (sort, count and log items on to paperwork), transport items from stores to the consumer testing, cooking instructions or home trials areas when required.
• Monitor delivery schedule and respond appropriately to busier periods including giving notice to teams of available storage space
• Maintain the housekeeping and order of the goods-in area. Monitor equipment in that area
• Manage general, chemical and biological waste removal
• Manage daily post – sort incoming post and ensure outgoing post is ready for collection including special and recorded deliveries, confirming receipt of parcels and couriers
• Conduct stock checks for ordering and purchasing of goods for the site
• Driving deliveries to the kitchens
Experience & Qualifications
• Previous maintenance or multi-trade experience
• Full clean driving licence
• Flexible in working hours between the hours of 7.30am-5pm
• PC literate with the ability to learn new systems
• Professional manner with the ability to communicate effectively with staff, external contractors and visitors
• Can do attitude and team player
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise tasks
• Ability to multi task and operate effectively and efficiently in a fast moving environment;
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Experience of using BMS system
• Basic electrical knowledge
• Basic plumbing and/or carpentry experience
• Forklift licence
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.