Who we are
Leatherhead Food Research provides expertise and support to the global food and beverage sector. We provide practical solutions that cover all stages of a product’s lifecycle from consumer insight, ingredient innovation and sensory testing to food safety consultancy and global regulatory advice. The Regulatory Department provides members and clients with an unparalleled global food and beverage regulatory advisory service covering more than 160 countries. Our services include assessing the legal compliance of all aspects of their products. In growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on individuals who will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
An opportunity exists for a proactive telesales advisor to promote our membership services to Global Food and Beverage companies. The role would be ideal for someone who is looking for a P/T role 3-4 days per week and would be based from our Epsom office. You would be provided with a full range of tools and resources leveraging our own systems and databases to ensure success.
- Collating email and phone numbers from a list of company names across Europe and the US.
- Researching the relevant point of contact within an organisation to contact through a mix of data sources.
- Cold calling/ emailing these companies to contact the Regulatory Manager/ Director or relevant point of contact.
- Engaging client contact in conversation with clear articulation of the membership proposition and selling the benefits of membership of Leatherhead Food services.
- Recording activity on Salesforce
Experience & qualifications
- 2-3 years outbound telesales experience
- Cold calling experience
- An engaging telephone presence
- Proactive and energetic style
- An ability to understand our membership proposition quickly and explain the benefits to senior managers on a first call
- Previous experience of selling membership and /or subscription services in a science related environment would be beneficial
- An understanding or keen interest in the food and beverage space would also be beneficial
- Previous experience of using Salesforce would also be beneficial
We are committed to supporting employees and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.