Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. Our specialist companies, Leatherhead Food Research, Sagentia, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting and TSG, collaborate closely with their clients in key vertical markets to deliver clear returns on technology and R&D investments.
Leatherhead Food Research provides expertise and support to the global food and beverage sector. We provide practical solutions that cover all stages of a product’s lifecycle from consumer insight, ingredient innovation and sensory testing to food safety consultancy and global regulatory advice. The Regulatory Department provides members and clients with an unparalleled global food and beverage regulatory advisory service covering more than 160 countries. Our services include assessing the legal compliance of all aspects of their products. In growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on individuals who will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
We are recruiting an experienced Regulatory Consultant to join our expanding regulatory team as a Principal Regulatory Consultant reporting to the Head of Food and Beverage Regulatory. The role is for someone with a broad range of technical food and beverage regulatory experience gained from working in industry, a regulatory authority or a consultancy. To be successful in this role you will be motivated by engaging with senior regulatory professionals across the world’s most successful food and beverage brands, helping them to address complex, multinational regulatory scopes. The role will focus on three key areas:
- Be the lead regulatory expert and deliver quality of work
- Lead and oversee the quality strategy of the Food & Beverage Regulatory Services
- Be the external face of the Leatherhead Regulatory Department (i.e. business development)
This is a newly created role and the successful candidate will help shape the position; some of the day to day responsibilities includes:
Lead regulatory expert (50%)
- Consult and advise clients on complex strategic regulatory projects:
- Present findings to senior audience at clients:
- Work as Project Director for large and key strategic projects:
- Act as ‘expert’ within the team and be known as a go to person for clients within the membership base/industry.
Quality strategy (25%)
- Take lead for ensuring high level of quality and continuous improvement programme within the Regulatory team:
- Build mentoring system to ensure quality of work:
- Audit key client deliverables and provide feedback to ensure that client needs are met.
Business Development (25%)
- Identify and build new areas of services, including identifying target companies and prospects, market testing services and working closely with the Commercial Director to take the sale from initiation to close.
- Lead the sale of complex, multinational project scopes to senior stakeholders within the world’s top food and beverage companies. This will include being an expert consultant: challenging our clients and internal teams to ask ‘why?’ and ‘what next?’
- Developing appropriate scopes and refining end deliverables.
Experience & qualifications
You will be commercially and technically astute and have at least 15 years of industry experience in an authority or food and beverage company.
- Minimum of 15 years experienced in food regulatory in the industry, regulatory authority or a consultancy.
- Excellent regulatory interpretation skills and project management skills.
- Proven record of team leadership
- Consultancy experience is an advantage but not essential.
- A legal background is advantage but not essential.
- Fluency in a second language is beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent customer service
- Flexible and able to accept and work with change
- A proactive, positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Confident presentation skills
- Ability to effectively build working relationships with colleagues, clients and external contacts to promote Leatherhead’s regulatory expertise
We are committed to supporting employees and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.