Multinational organisations are driving the need for their suppliers throughout Europe to have robust food defence programmes, thereby minimising the risk of intentional contamination and tampering. If you work with, or want to work with, a multinational company you will probably be required to have a Food Defence Plan. This plan will build on your existing food safety, HACCP and crisis management plans, as well as incorporate audits of the security of premises, shipping/receiving and personnel, in order to help ensure safe and secure food supply.
Food Defence and Crisis Management: Developing a Food Defence Plan offers specific training for Managers responsible for food security and defence, helping you to understand the issues and challenges that might arise at a food facility from intentional tampering or sabotage. This course will help you identify what you are defending and who potential aggressors are and what an aggressor may use against you by conducting vulnerability exercises. At the end of the course, you will have a better understanding of the potential threats to your business, what the goals of an aggressor are and have the knowledge to develop a Food Defence Plan suitable for your needs.
If you have already received food defence training in the USA, this seminar will help give you a European perspective on an American initiative, helping to address issues specific to Europe.
HorizonScan - Get Your Free Trial!
Book by 16 October to receive a free one-month trial of HorizonScan. Developed in collaboration with Fera, HorizonScan is a global food safety monitoring tool that will keep you ahead of emerging threats to your company’s supply base and reputation so that you can predict, identify and prevent the next food safety issues and subsequently eliminate the need for damage control in light of similar crises. An important part of developing your food defence plan is establishing procedures for horizon scanning for future threats. HorizonScan can form a useful part of your procedures; click here for more information on HorizonScan and how your company can benefit.*
* Offer is valid for a single user when you book and pay for Food Defence and Crisis Management - Developing a Food Defence Plan by 16 October. The trial will be open for 30 days from 17 November 2016.
Key highlights will include
- Food security threats in Europe, The Bioterrorism Act in the USA, Government Regulations and Guidance
- Developing the food defence team – people, plans, policies and procedures
- Vulnerability assessments, crisis management
- Major incident management
- Handling intentional contamination issues
- Tampering and complaint investigations
- Malicious contamination by your staff
- Valuable hands-on workshops teaching you how to assess a facility's vulnerability to outside threats
From this course you will
- Assess, understand and plan appropriate responses to mitigate and reduce risks to your business
- Identify threats and potential sources of threats to your business
- Develop and manage your company’s food defence efforts
- Provide proof that you have received food defence training – all delegates will receive a Certificate of Attendance
Book today and contribute to a safer and more secure food supply!
Who should attend?
- All facilities that ship, manufacture, process, package, or store food products for the US market or multinational organisations
- Food defence managers
- Crisis management managers
- Security professionals
- QA/QC managers
- Plant managers
- Maintenance managers and engineers
- Safety managers
- Corporate legal counsel
- Corporate insurance managers
Follow the link for further information on a variety of local hotels to suit all budgets.