The soft drinks sector is one of the fastest growing, most innovative and rapidly changing areas of the food and drink industry. From high energy to no/low sugar, functional to long life, carbonated or still, soft drinks and their associated preservative and packaging systems have their own microbiological issues.
Soft Drinks Microbiology
will give an overview of the types of microorganisms found in various soft drink categories and the problems that they can cause. The range of microorganisms that have been isolated from soft drinks and associated products is surprising. Many have adapted to growing in the unusual environment within a beverage factory and can be extremely difficult to remove once established. The course will discuss their specific growth requirements, what damage can they cause, and how can we control them.
"Fantastic course! I enjoyed the entire day, excellent confident delivery, Peter really knows his area. Each topic covered was relevant and told me something I wanted to know." Ann Williamson, Finlay Extracts Ltd
Please click on the tab in the blue bar above or follow the link to the Soft Drinks Microbiology programme
Who should attend?
- Bottled Water Producers
- Concentrate Producers
- Fruit Juice Producers
- Smoothie Producers
- Soft Drinks Producers
- Food Safety Managers
- Hygiene Managers
- Technical Managers
- Those who write specifications for soft drinks
From this course you will
- Understand about the complexity of the problems that can occur in soft drink manufacturing
- Know the control measures that are available
- Be aware of the major groups of organisms that can cause spoilage or food safety
- Realise that formulation changes can allow problems to occur and how to overcome these problems
- Understand the importance of ingredient quality and good hygienic practices in the control of problems
- How to undertake simple troubleshooting when problems occur
Follow the link for further information on a variety of local hotels to suit all budgets.