Scientific and Regulatory Affair Consultant
Ref. Num: LEA2206 Location: Epsom, UK
Who we are
Science Group is an international, science-led services and product development organisation comprising three operating divisions: R&D Consultancy; Regulatory & Compliance; and Frontier Smart Technologies. The Regulatory and Compliance division goes to market under the brands of TSG and Leatherhead Food Research. The division provides companies around the world with regulatory consulting and scientific expertise.
Leatherhead Food Research provides expertise and support to the global food and beverage sector. We provide practical solutions that cover all stages of a product’s lifecycle from consumer insight, ingredient innovation and sensory testing to food safety consultancy and global regulatory advice. The Regulatory Department provides members and clients with an unparalleled global food and beverage regulatory advisory service covering more than 160 countries. Our services include assessing the legal compliance of all aspects of their products. In growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on individuals who will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
We are recruiting an experienced Regulatory professional to join our expanding regulatory team as a Regulatory and Scientific Affairs Consultant. The role is for someone with a broad range of technical food and beverage regulatory experience gained from working in industry, a regulatory authority or a consultancy. You will lead and provide expert regulatory input to consultancy projects for the global food and beverage industry. The role will be based at our Great Burgh office with some travel as appropriate.
- Building strong relationships with our clients and maintaining effective communication channels with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Interpreting legislation and regulations both nationally and globally in relation to the specific challenges that the client has.
- Provide critical thinking and thought leadership in addressing requests, queries and when engaging with clients.
- Mentor and train internal colleagues and through this leadership constantly improve the department’s quality of work.
- Ensure colleagues stay abreast of any regulatory interactions in relation food and beverage in a structured manner.
Experience & qualifications
- Minimum of 3-4 years experienced in food regulatory in the industry, regulatory authority or a consultancy.
- Excellent regulatory interpretation skills and project management skills.
- Proven record of team leadership
- Consultancy experience is an advantage but not essential.
- A legal background is advantage but not essential.
- Fluency in a second language is beneficial but not essential.
- Excellent customer service
- Flexible and able to accept and work with change
- A proactive, positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Confident presentation skills
- Ability to effectively build working relationships with colleagues, clients and external contacts to promote Leatherhead’s regulatory expertise
We are committed to supporting employees and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.