Keeping up-to-date with everything happening in the nutrition arena is difficult and time consuming. Our team of nutritionists have many of the answers at their fingers tips and can help with literature reviews, nutrition strategy development, nutrition profiling of products, and advice on the most appropriate practical nutrition studies that we undertake here at Leatherhead.
If you have a nutrition question or problem which you are struggling to solve or need some topline information our expert team of nutritionists are on hand to help. All members have a number of allocated helpline hours according the level of membership they hold. We will be able to advise you if your question can be answered in the hours available or if additional hours will need to be purchased.
If you would like us to help solve a current challenge, please email: [email protected]
Leatherhead’s nutritionists have a wide range of experience and expertise. We also draw on technical databases including our own science and news database of journals and books, and have access research papers via other scientific journals.
Examples of the typical questions received via the nutrition helpline:
- What is happening in the area of gut health in the US?
- What are the current nutrition trends affecting the bakery sector?
- I am interested to find out about the link between caffeine and cognitive performance.
- Do fresh vegetables lose more vitamins on cooking than frozen vegetables?
- Is there any guidance on what a portion size should be for biscuits?
- I would like to find out what the nutrition profiles are of my competitors’ products?
- Can you help me with a response to the SACN carbohydrates and health consultation?
- Please can you review six of my recipes to help me improve the nutrition profile of my products?
- Can you explain the difference between Glycaemic Index and Glycaemic Response testing and what the tests can be used for?
Leatherhead members benefit from:
¬ On-tap expert advice through our member Helpline
¬ Exclusive content and events
¬ Discounts on projects and training
Find out more about Membership
We run regular training courses and events at our prestigious Great Burgh premises. These events provide a great opportunity to keep in touch with the industry.
View our full range of courses here.