The United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS) is the only independent, government recognised body carrying out assessments of organisations against international standards providing certification, testing, inspection and calibration services. UKAS operates under a memorandum of understanding with the government and is a signatory to European and International bodies recognising certificates issued by UKAS and UKAS accredited organisations.
Leatherhead Food Research is audited against ISO 17025:2017 (general requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories) and operates as a UKAS accredited testing laboratory (no. 9365) for:
- Cooking Instructions testing (microwave oven, gas and electric thermal oven, electric fan oven, gas and electric hob, gas and electric grill and deep fat fryer techniques)
- The evaluation of shelf life based on specified storage protocol with optional inoculation of specified organisms for the purpose of challenge testing and Listeria monocytogenes growth potential value by calculation
- Enumeration of
- Aerobic colony count at 30°C
- Presumptive Bacillus cereus
- Presumptive Enterobacteriaceae
- β-glucurondiase positive Escherichia coli
- Presumptive Listeria monocytogenes
- Yeast and mould
- Presumptive coagulase positive Staphylococci
For full details of our schedule of accreditation visit www.ukas.com
UKAS accreditation demonstrates our commitment to providing a quality service by independent assurance of competence, impartiality and performance of services offered within our schedule of accreditation.