Are you a food enthusiast and curious individual who likes working in a fast paced dynamic environment? Are you a passionate learner who is always trying to improve? Would you relish having the chance to apply these skills over a 10 week summer placement?
• 10 week summer placement opportunities which will provide an interesting range of cooking challenges from clients in the food and beverage sector
• An energetic, friendly and experienced team to work with and learn from
• State of the art UKAS accredited kitchens
• An open mind for new ideas
• Have a desire for a career in the food industry
• Have strong GCSE and A levels.
• Broad analytical skills and attention to detail
• Have enthusiasm and a practical hands-on approach and passion for cooking
You might also have (but not essential)
• Started studying Food Science or a related subject at University
• Previous catering experience
We are looking for energetic, hard-working and hands-on enthusiastic individuals to join our group of world class employees for 10 week summer placements. If successful you will have the unique opportunity to experience working on projects for our food and beverage client base, ranging from start-ups through to global market leaders. You will have a passion for cooking, awareness of food safety and will use a combination of analytical skills, flexibility and technical excellence to meet and exceed our customers’ requirements and tight timescales. Part of bringing products to market is the completion of packaging details, including cooking instructions. You will work with a dedicated team to deliver cooking instructions verification and generation, ensuring these are accurate and safe, meet relevant guidelines and regulations and are easy to understand by consumers.
A Day in the life
As a Summer Student, you will join the dynamic Cooking Instructions team and have the opportunity to employ your previous food preparation and analytical skills on one or more projects, simultaneously expanding your knowledge of cooking instructions, consumer packaging and food safety. Projects often require a fast turnaround to meet product launch schedules, therefore you will be required to maintain a high level of team work, communication and accuracy, adhering to strict protocols in delivering high quality results in a timely fashion. You will enjoy a variety of tasks such as conducting time and temperature tests and carrying out quality and sensory assessments to verify existing instructions or to generate instructions for new products coming to market.
In addition you will attend internal consumer and sensory progress meetings which will give you exposure to the wider challenges of the industry.
You will be based at our Great Burgh office, in Epsom, Surrey.