Who we are
Leatherhead Food Research provides the highest possible professional standards in regulatory and scientific services to the global food and beverage sector. Our multidisciplinary team of specialists allow us to provide practical solutions that cover all stages of a products’ life cycle from consumer insight, ingredient innovation and sensory testing to food safety consultancy and global regulatory advice.
Our VP F&B Consulting will have extensive experience gained from working in industry, either within a corporate SRA or technical area. Acting as the face of the Leatherhead Food Research brand they will use their broad range of technical knowledge, experience and stakeholder engagement to strengthen relationships and guide our clients successfully through the complex challenges within the food and beverage industry.
• Experience supporting and delivering growth initiatives
• Experienced Senior leader within F&B industry managing or working with technical stakeholders
• Excellent spokesperson, with the ability to engage with people at all levels
• Ability to synthesise technical and commercial information and deliver a coherent narrative and recommendations
Key responsibilities include:
• Represent the Leatherhead Food Research brand at client meetings, events and press
• Contribute to thought leadership that evidences our leading position in F&B science technology and regulatory affairs
• Support growth initiatives in consulting and sales
• Travel within the UK and internationally up to 50% of the time
• Provide mentoring support and guidance to colleagues
• Be a Champion for Excellence, striving for continuous improvements
We are seeking a real people person who is passionate about the Food and Beverage industry. You are motivated by engaging with senior leaders across the global food and beverage industry to help them solve their most complex technical challenges.
You will thrive on finding creative solutions to challenges that others cannot solve, leveraging the depth of technical expertise from your peers in scientific and regulatory affairs, consumer science, food safety and product development.
You will be happy to travel to other locations and experienced at presenting with the ability to engage an audience and communicate with people at all levels. Working well under pressure, you will have delivered high quality work within target deadlines in a client-focused environment.
A degree in a relevant scientific subject e.g. Nutrition, Food Science is desirable with at least 10 years’ experience gained from industry. You will have a self-driven approach to your own learning and development to further enhance your profile in what is a complex and ever evolving industry, along with a proactive, positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude. Given the global nature of our business it would be advantageous if you could speak another language.
Working for us
Leatherhead Food Research is a leading B2B consultancy that works with Fortune 250 companies in the F&B industry. Founded in 1919 we are committed to staying at the forefront of food and beverage innovation offering market leading consulting services to our clients and members. We have a friendly and supportive culture and pride ourselves on the diversity of our clients and employees.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package and support to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.