Who we are
Science Group is an international, science-led services and product development organisation comprising three operating divisions: R&D Consultancy; Regulatory & Compliance; and Frontier Smart Technologies. The Regulatory and Compliance division goes to market under the brands of TSG and Leatherhead Food Research. The division provides companies around the world with regulatory consulting and scientific expertise.
Leatherhead Food Research is an independent organization delivering regulatory guidance and interpretation to the global food and beverage sector whilst TSG provides regulatory guidance and scientific expertise in environmental and chemical regulations. We provide clients with an unparalleled global food and beverage regulatory advisory service covering more than 160 countries. Our services include assessing the legal compliance of all aspects of their products. In growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on individuals who will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
We are recruiting an experienced food Packaging Regulatory expert to join our expanding regulatory team as a Senior Consultant. The role is for someone with a broad range of technical food contact and packaging regulatory experience gained from working in industry, a regulatory authority or a consultancy.
You will lead and provide expert regulatory input to consultancy projects for the global food and beverage industry.
- Lead packaging related projects across the regulatory division.
- Support clients’ needs in alignment with packaging functions (innovation, sustainability, life cycle) and ensure effective development of compliant packaging concepts.
- Build-up internal and external network to ensure an up-to-date and prospective packaging compliance service
- Building strong relationships with our clients and maintaining effective communication channels with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Interpreting legislation and regulations both nationally and globally in relation to the specific challenges that the client has.
- Lead discussions with the Leadership Team on the impacts of regulation and regulatory change including making critical recommendations on future strategic direction to the Leadership
- Provide critical thinking and thought leadership in addressing requests, queries and when engaging with clients.
- Mentor and train internal colleagues and through this leadership constantly improve the department’s quality of work.
- Help colleagues stay abreast of any regulatory interactions in relation food and beverage in a structured manner.
Experience & qualifications
- Ideally 10 years experienced in packaging regulatory in the industry, regulatory authority or a consultancy.
- Experience in FCM dossier applications and FDA FCN submissions
- Excellent regulatory interpretation skills and project management skills
- Understand EPR and other packaging requirements.
- Fluency in a second language is beneficial but not
- Excellent customer service
- Flexible and able to accept and work with change
- A proactive, positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Confident presentation skills
- Ability to effectively build working relationships with colleagues, clients and external contacts to promote Leatherhead’s regulatory expertise
We are committed to supporting employees and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.