Everything European - a comprehensive guide to European food law
Date: 05-06 October 2016
Location: Great Burgh, Epsom, UK
Members price: £995 +VAT
Non Member price: £1,295 +VAT
Leatherhead's two-day 'Everything European' course aims to provide you with comprehensive coverage of the principles and application of current and upcoming EU food law with indications of some national quirks. Leatherhead's regulatory experts will explain how you can identify, keep up-to-date with and apply relevant legislation as an aid to both new product development and legality of current product ranges.
You will be provided with a unique overview of all relevant EU food law topics with practical exercises and how to keep up-to-date with their latest developments. In addition, you will have the opportunity to discuss and comment on challenging regulatory issues, such as the new EU labelling provisions and the new union lists on food additives and flavourings, as well as how to comply with EU nutrition and health claims requirements.
Topics covered include:
- The basic facts on the different food law-making European institutions
- EU general food safety and EU food law structure
- Food hygiene package and food microbiological criteria
- EU contaminants, pesticides, radioactivity and food contact materials
- EU novel foods and genetically modified foods
- EU food improvement agents package
- EU flavourings and smoke flavourings
- Surfing the web for European legislation
- FIC – EU food information to consumers regulation (EU) 1169/2011
- Additional EU food labelling requirements outside FIC
- EU nutrition labelling
- Food supplements, fortified foods, PARNUTs in the EU
- Non-harmonised food legislation in the EU
- Introduction to the EU nutrition claims
- EU health claims
From this course you will:
- Receive an overview of the challenges of managing the European and some national regulatory requirements to ensure product compliance
- Be updated on the latest EU food law requirements
- Gain an understanding non-harmonised legislation – where individual countries have specific quirks
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of labelling requirements and considerations
- Understand how to frame marketing claims relating to nutrition and health
- Discuss and put into practice the knowledge you have learned on the current and future EU labelling requirements through our food labelling workshop
- Be provided with useful web links that provide up-to-date information on EU food law
- Have an opportunity to network with your peers throughout the industry
Who should attend?
Particularly relevant for those involved in ensuring that food products meet legislative requirements. This course also benefits those seeking a summary or update of current food laws by providing a comprehensive coverage of the principles and application of EU Food Law.
Great Burgh is located on the outskirts of Epsom, Surrey, easily accessible via road or train.
Hotels: follow the link for further information on a variety of local hotels to suit all budgets.
Book your place here
Fill in the form below and someone will be in contact shortly to confirm and process your booking.