A practical approach to intermediate sensory & consumer statistics
Date: 14 October, 2016
Date: 14 October 2016
Location: Great Burgh, Epsom, UK
Member price: £995
Non Member price: £1,295
This course provides an excellent insight into the range of statistical techniques commonly applied to sensory and consumer data, with a focus on the practical application of the techniques using real-life examples and exercises.
Interested in this course?
Fill out our form below to book your place or contact our training team for further details.
Topics covered include:
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA) and Multiple Comparison Tests for consumer data, sensory profiling data and difference from control data
- Introduction on how to analyse and interpret multivariate data, e.g. profiling data and contingency tables
- Analysis and interpretation of Principle Component Analysis (PCA)
- Principles, analysis and interpretation of internal and external Preference Mapping
- Introduction, analysis and interpretation of different types of Cluster Analysis
- Advanced Discrimination Testing, including Tetrad Testing
From this course you will be able to:
- Understand and be able to apply the key statistical tests commonly used to analyse sensory and consumer data at an intermediate level
- Confidently interpret the outcomes of statistical tests and make more definitive conclusions or recommendations based on this interpretation
- Get more information out of your data and add value to your business
- Plan your sensory and consumer tests so that your data is compatible with the statistical tests you wish to use
Who should attend?
- Anyone who needs to carry out sensory or consumer testing, analyse and interpret sensory data and issue reports or recommendations based on sensory and/or consumer tests at an intermediate level
- Sensory scientists and sensory panel leaders
- Product technologists
- Quality control/assurance
- Marketers involved in sensory/consumer testing
Great Burgh is located on the outskirts of Epsom, Surrey, easily accessible via road or train.
Hotels: follow the link for further information on a variety of local hotels to suit all budgets.
Book your place here
Please complete the form below to confirm your registration.
No Fields Found.
Terms & conditions
Please ensure you have read our terms & conditions of purchase before proceeding.