Science Day: From blueprinting to Brexit – food & drink under the microscope
Date: 25 May, 2017
Location: Great Burgh, Epsom, UK
Exclusive event only for Platinum, Gold, Silver & Bronze members of Leatherhead Food Research
Platinum – Up to 5 places per membership
Gold – Up to 3 places per membership
Silver – Up to 2 places per membership
Bronze – 1 place per membership
With sugar reduction and Brexit being top of the food industry’s mind, Leatherhead’s exclusive members-only Science Day examines the science behind the headlines. Our team of food scientists and regulatory experts will guide you through blueprinting, Leatherhead’s science-based strategic approach to reformulation, as well as examining the food safety implications of Brexit, enabling you to prepare your business for the forthcoming period of change. We’ll also be taking a live poll of the top challenges being faced by members in 2017/2018 and examine how nutrition & consumer trends and upcoming changes to regulations will impact future product development. Book now to stay right up-to-date on key industry issues.
Topics covered include:
- What is keeping you up at night?
- What are the latest influences/developments in food science and how will these impact future product development?
- Benefits of blueprinting for sugar and saturated fat reduction
- What is coming up on the regulatory and claims landscape over the next 5 years that will impact product development?
- Brexit and food safety implications
From this event you will:
- Learn of the key challenges faced by our members this year and next
- Get an idea of which consumer trends are likely to transpire into products
- Better understand how small changes during product reformulation can impact your products behaviour and how this could be solved or improved (blueprinting)
- Learn about the current challenges and trends that the food industry is undergoing and how to plan in order to overcome them
- Get a better idea on how Brexit will affect food regulation
Who should attend?
- R&D managers
- Product developers
- Technical managers
Great Burgh is located on the outskirts of Epsom, Surrey, easily accessible via road or train.
Hotels: follow the link for further information on a variety of local hotels to suit all budgets.
Recent delegate testimonials from last year’s Science & Innovation Day:
“Presentations well presented, with valuable and informative information”
“Really useful insights - had me thinking from a different perspective”
“Great opportunity to meet experts and ask advice on specific topics. The sugar reduction and effects on texture was key. The discussion around natural sweeteners was also very good even though stevia is the only one on the market at the moment, monk fruit is one to keep an eye on. Future trends were very relevant and informative”