Who we are
Leatherhead Food Research provides the highest possible professional standards in regulatory and scientific services to the global food and beverage sector. Our multidisciplinary team of specialists allow us to provide practical solutions that cover all stages of a products’ lifecycle, but we are best known for our industry-leading global regulatory advice.
We are seeking a sales professional with new business or account management experience, motivated by growing sales with current clients and across our account base. You will do this by professionally engaging with stakeholders at all levels in a target group of multi-national food and beverage companies in order to establish and grow lasting relationships and workflow.
Your remit will focus on: understanding our client’s needs; creating interest in our service offering; brokering relationships between our clients and our consultants in order to create tangible project opportunities; and converting these opportunities to sales in order to grown revenue per account. In doing so, you will be helping the world’s most successful food and beverage companies to innovate and access new markets by successfully navigating the complex global regulatory landscape.
• Tenacity: willing and able to reach out to clients and external stakeholders every day, including ‘warm’ and ‘cold’ prospects within client organizations
• Active listening: asks open questions, shows genuine interest, responds to and learns from feedback, identifies areas Leatherhead can support
• Engages: can quickly build rapport with clients and represent the Leatherhead brand and relevant service offering professionally, integrating learnings from listening into the pitch
• Influences: can combine internal and external perspectives to form a clear rationale for decision making and share this with stakeholders to deliver a desired effect
• Sales: intuitive salesperson with high emotional intelligence. Can recognise buying signals, qualify opportunities and close in a professional, low-pressure and transparent manner
• Account Development: can establish, grow and maintain a network within targeted client organizations (typically existing clients from Leatherhead member companies) that deliver increasing sales values
• Previous Sales or Account Management role within the consumer sector, ideally Food and Beverage
• Operated within the consulting or service sector
Key responsibilities include:
• Understanding our client’s needs
• Creating interest in our service offering
• Brokering relationships between our clients and our consultants
• Selling our projects and memberships
• Growing relationships across our key accounts (80%)
• Autonomously planning and managing own workload to meet targets
• Represent the Leatherhead Food Research brand at client meetings, events and press
• Provide mentoring support and guidance to colleagues
• Be a Champion for Excellence, striving for continuous improvements
You are a charismatic, self-starter capable of engaging people at all levels in large corporate organisations. You are motivated by targets and thrive on creating and closing sales opportunities. You are a sales or account management professional with a demonstrable experience of growing accounts or winning new business. You have an innate ability to quickly build rapport and foster trust that enables you to grow long-term relationships with clients and team members alike.
You may not be degree qualified but you will likely be interested in and (following induction) be able to communicate the service proposition of a scientific consultancy. You will have a self-driven approach to your own learning and development along with a proactive, positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude.
Working for us
Leatherhead Food Research is a leading B2B consultancy that provides scientific and regulatory services to Fortune 250 companies in the food and beverage industry. Founded in 1919 we are committed to staying at the forefront of food and beverage innovation offering market leading consulting services to our clients and members. We have a friendly and supportive culture and pride ourselves on the diversity of our clients and employees.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package and support to allow you to thrive within our environment and fully realise your personal potential.
You will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package.