Who we are
Science Group provides independent advisory and advanced product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. Our specialist companies, Leatherhead Food Research, Sagentia, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting and TSG, collaborate closely with their clients in key vertical markets to deliver clear returns on technology and R&D investments.
Leatherhead Food Research provides expertise and support to the global food and beverage sector. We provide practical solutions that cover all stages of a product’s lifecycle from consumer insight, ingredient innovation and sensory testing to food safety consultancy and global regulatory advice. The Regulatory Department provides members and clients with an unparalleled global food and beverage regulatory advisory service covering more than 160 countries. Our services include assessing the legal compliance of all aspects of their products. In growing our business we look for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on individuals who will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic individual to join our global regulatory team. We provide members and clients a with an unparalleled global food regulatory advisory service covering more than 100 countries including assessing the legal compliance of all aspects of their food or beverage products. You will be a team player and ideally have regulatory experience preferably in the food industry and be fluent in one or more Balkan languages. We will consider both full and part time applicants for this role. The role will be based at our Great Burgh office with some travel as appropriate.
• Demonstrating knowledge of food and beverage legislation in EU to provide an outstanding service and advice in response to all member enquiries, projects, publications and training courses from our member clients and companies.
• Ensure a high level of awareness of global food legislation is maintained and understand how changes may impact clients and their markets
• Conduct label checks, ingredient checks and label translations
• Provide input and help manage confidential projects for clients around the world
• Provide input into our legal highlights communications; our internationally recognised alerting service
• Assist with the production and delivery of regulatory publications.
• Contribute to and assist in delivery of presentations
• Be a Champion of Excellence, striving for continuous improvements to the way we work, adapting to find solutions to issues
Experience & qualifications
• Fluency in the Croatian, Slovenian and/or Serbian language is essential.
• A Degree (2.1 or above), in food science, chemistry, nutrition, biology or microbiology or a relevant discipline
• Knowledge and understanding of the food industry/regulatory experience
• Excellent regulatory interpretation skills and project management skills.
• Consultancy experience is an advantage but not essential.
• Excellent customer service
• Flexible and able to accept and work with change
• A proactive, positive and enthusiastic “can do” attitude
• Confident presentation skills
• Ability to effectively build working relationships with colleagues, clients and external contacts to promote Leatherhead’s regulatory expertise
We are committed to supporting employees and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.