Welcome to Leatherhead's member area
About the membership
Leatherhead membership is highly valued in the food & beverage sector and you are one of around 1500 members representing all segments of our industry.
If you are unsure what your package entitles you to then contact membership@leatherhead food.com.
On this page you will find links to:
- The Leatherhead member helpline, covering global regulations, product development, nutrition, food safety and consumer research.
- Free resources for members; including white papers, news reviews and updates on legislative changes across the globe.
- Our exclusive networking events at the stunning Great Burgh premises, where members catch up with topical industry issues.
Enjoy the benefits of your membership, with access to our complete library of whitepapers, covering various different topics in the food and beverage industry, all written and edited by our industry experts.
White paper library
Subscriptions & quick links
Leatherhead Food News
Available exclusively to members, our daily news feed provides a summary of all the latest news world-wide relevant to the food and drinks industry.
Leatherhead's Legal Highlights helps you to keep you up-to-date with new legislation, voluntary guidance, amendments, drafts, opinions, reports, proposals and corrigenda.
Research & publications
Leatherhead Food Research provides information on the latest trends in the food and drink industry in the form of member-exclusive research reports, all written and edited by industry experts.
Date: 02 October, 2019
Time: 15:00 BST
Companies have always tried to get under the skin of consumers to understand their motivations in order to create more successful innovations. What has changed is the way we conduct consumer research. Tech-led start-ups, undaunted by the weight of history, are re-writing the research rule book as technology enables us to engage with consumers in ways we never could have imagined 20 years ago. Behavioural science, which applies a psychological lens to explain consumer behaviours, is capturing the attention of marketing and insight professionals in companies around the world.
Yet game-changing consumer research remains a challenge. In this 30 minute webinar, Emma Gubisch, Head of Consumer Science at Leatherhead Food Research, will explore the disruption which is taking place within the world of consumer research. She will look at how the discipline of behavioural science can help us build more rounded pictures of human experience and explore ways to utilise technology to its best advantage in research.
This webinar was first aired on Wednesday 2nd October.
Watch the recording of our webinar on new and emerging ingredients.
In the webinar we cover:
- What consumers are looking for from the intrinsic features of products they buy and how you can become more confident to invest in a winning product
- A look at some of the key new and emerging ingredients, additives, enzymes and flavourings and the impact on product development and quality
- An overview of some of early stage regulatory considerations for concept development and ingredient launches, including permissibility and gaining pre-market approval for novel foods and new food improvement agents
We share our insights to help you navigate the maze of new and emerging ingredients, gain a better understanding of the consumer interest, legislative demands, technical complexities, and getting to grips with novel foods, new ingredients, additives, enzymes and flavourings.
The webinar was first aired on Thursday 27th June.