Increasingly organisations are interested in the impact of food and drink on the consumer from a nutrition and wellness perspective. The industry is becoming more aware of the part foods can play in health and wellbeing routines.
How Leatherhead can help?
Leatherhead can assist companies in testing how their foods may fit into broader nutritional programmes or strategies. Specifically we can assist with:
Glycemic response initiatives:
The glycemic index (GI) is a ranking of carbohydrate-containing foods on a scale of 0-100, and is based on the extent to which they elevate blood sugar levels. We offer expert analysis of a range of product matrices, and have assisted numerous companies in the successful completion of the product development process.
Key features of our service:
- Testing to the highest recognised standard (WHO/FAO 1998)
- Approved by an independent ethics committee
- High degree of accuracy using the latest in glucose-analysing equipment
- Additional testing can be carried out to include: available carbohydrate content and insulin response
- Efficient turnaround
Your GI results – for each product tested you can request:
- The exact methodology used
- GI values and rating (low, medium or high)
- Graphical interpretation of results
Weight Management Initiatives
Leatherhead has conducted extensive research in this area, allowing us to offer an expert advice in all areas relating to satiety including product development and satiety-related health claims. We have developed robust methodologies for the investigation of both satiation (the feeling of fullness following consumption) and satiety (the influence on subsequent feeding events). These can be tailored to the precise needs and target outcomes of the client, and range from a simple, rapid assessment of satiation using Visual Analogue Scale (VAS) questionnaires, to the measurement of gut hormones related to appetite following a meal.